Updated May 2013.
Student Hiring: Summer 2013
Editorial and Publishing Assistant
SHAMBHALA SUN FOUNDATION
The Shambhala Sun Foundation is an independent nonprofit based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and the leading publisher of Buddhist-inspired periodicals in North America. We are seeking an Editorial and Publishing Assistant for the summer of 2013.
The successful applicant will perform the following as required:
• editorial research under the direction of the editor-in-chief or one of his designates
• rights and permissions clearance of submitted material
• research of art used in the magazines
• light editing, if qualified
• updating of website content
• reviewing, editing, and updating of existing databases
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• related work and study experience
• MS Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, social media
Applicants are required to be Canadian citizens between the ages of 15 and 30 who have been full-time students in 2012/13 and are enrolled for school full-time in 2013/14. The successful applicant will need to substantiate their eligibility.
E-mail covering letter and résumé to Cindy Littlefair at c.littlefair[at]shambhalasun.com.
Only the applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Submission deadline: May 31, 2013.